Monday, October 15, 2007

DIYing is down with community eventfulness...

So your sitting around asking yourself "what can I do while waiting for The Fraught"? Litterally itching to D.I.Y? Well I suggest you keep in mind several community events:
- The Poverty and Homelessess action week (PHAW) kicking off today, Oct. Monday 15 and going until Friday 19th. I'm gonna be checking out the YOUTH TOWN HALL on Thursday 18th @ 7pm, location to be announced. And it looks as though there will be some youth arts hung in the entrance of the YTG building.
- Also I'd recommend looking into the "Town Hall Meeting" @ the High Country Inn on Wednesday 17th at 7pm, where people will be discusing "TILMA", which seems to be some kinda plague-typeness threatening our community well being. Find out more at www.yukonfed.com
-Then the week after there will be "Chattette" at the Canada Games Centre ( I think, keep an eye out) from Monday 22nd- Thursday 25th with "Public Open House" from 7-9pm everyday. This is going to be conversations on a Sustainability Design for Whitehorse, so if it's in your interest that Whitehorse doesn't become the next Fort St.John or Fort Nelson (this is to imply my personal distaste for these communities, sorry) please make a point of dropping by.
- And finally, don't forget the "Longest Night Cabaret" (again, I think that's the name...) located at the Wood St. school on the 2nd and 3rd of November. I have been working on some cardboard puppets for one of the evenings acts, so bring your happy feet and faces.

Support community culturalings!

No comments: